A shooter has shot dead five individuals at a Shia gathering in eastern Saudi Arabia before police shot him dead, the inside service said.
A gathering guaranteeing alliance with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant said it did the assault on Friday.
5 dead and 9 wounded in Qatif with ISIL affiliate claiming responsibility for attack
He said that at in regards to 7pm (16:00 GMT) on Friday, a suspect with a programmed weapon “began to shoot arbitrarily” at al-Haidaria hussainiya in the Saihat territory of Qatif city.
Police interceded and started shooting, murdering the suspect, the representative said without giving points of interest in regards to the assailant.
“The circumstance is still under scrutiny,” he said.
The Saudi Press Agency included the suspected shooter was in his 20s and that “powers trust that he is simple-minded”.
A gathering calling itself Islamic State-Bahrain State said in an announcement that one of its “fighters”, Shughaa al-Dosari, “assaulted a Shia heathen sanctuary with a programmed weapon” in Saihat.
The gathering posted a photo of the asserted aggressor and cautioned that “heathens won’t be protected in the island of Muhammad”.
In May 2015, ISIL guaranteed obligation regarding a suicide bombarding amid late morning petitions to God at a Shia mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia. The Saudi wellbeing service said no less than 21 individuals had been executed and more than 120 others harmed.
Another suicide plane murdered no less than 15 individuals in an assault on a mosque utilized by individuals from a neighborhood security power in southwest Saudi Arabia in August.