Valentines Day Recipes Chocolate covered strawberries, I love everything about chocolate-covered strawberries. I love the crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth shell and the cool, sweet strawberry beneath. I love giving them as presents, and I love receiving them equally as much. And I especially love how easy they are to make at home…
1 pint-basket fresh strawberries (1 pound)
2 cups dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (12 ounces)
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate (3 ounces), for drizzling (optional)
Double-boiler or heatproof bowl and saucepan
Parchment, wax paper, or Silpat
Small plastic bag
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Rinse the strawberries under cool running water and gently pat dry. The strawberries need to be completely dry before dipping, so spread them out and let them air-dry if necessary.
- Melt the dark chocolate. Fill the bottom of the double-boiler or medium saucepan with an inch or two of water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Transfer all the chocolate into the top of the double-boiler or a heatproof bowl and set this over the simmering water. Let the chocolate melt, stirring occasionally, until no more lumps remain. Remove the bowl with the chocolate from heat.
- Prepare your workspace. Set the bowl of melted chocolate in front of you on a towel. Place the dried strawberries to your left. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place this on your right. (Reverse if you are left-handed.)
- Dip the strawberries. Working with one strawberry at a time, pick up a strawberry by the top leaves and dip it into the chocolate. Turn or swirl the strawberry as needed to completely coat it in chocolate. Lift the strawberry out and shake gently to remove any excess chocolate.
- Lay dipped strawberries on the baking sheet. Carefully lay the dipped strawberry on its side on the baking sheet. Repeat with dipping the remaining strawberries.
- Let the chocolate set. Let the strawberries sit until the chocolate coating is set and dry to the touch. You can put the baking sheet in the refrigerate to speed this along.
- Prepare the white chocolate drizzle. When the strawberries are ready, melt the white chocolate just as you did the dark chocolate. (Alternatively for this small amount of chocolate, melt it in 15-second bursts in microwave, stirring between each burst). Transfer the melted white chocolate to a small ziplock bag.
- Drizzle strawberries with white chocolate. Push the melted white chocolate to one corner of the bag, then snip a small corner off the bag. Squeezing the bag gently and quickly drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberries, using big, sweeping motions over the whole baking sheet.
Let the white chocolate set. Let the white chocolate drizzle set (or place the baking sheet in the refrigerator again for few minutes), then serve.
Happy Valentines Day Wallpapers 2018